Tuesday, May 15, 2007

MoonPie Madness is on the air!!

About an hour after my final Portfolio Review at the Adcenter I was at Sine's Irish Pub celebrating finishing my two years of advertising graduate school. After sipping on a few pints of Guiness, I planned on stopping by school on my way home because I forgot something. When I got there, I heard the most amazing news I could have possibly heard on this already glorious day...

The NPR radio piece on the VCU Adcenter aired that morning. And MoonPie Madness got a full minute of conversation and quotes! We made national radio! 1.5 million people from all around the country heard about our MoonPie eating contest!

I was ecstatic. Not only as a part of the team that pulled this all off for less than $500 and only help from MoonPie in the form of free product. I was ecstatic as the teams Brand Manager whose job it has been all semester to track the brand impressions that we have generated. YouTube got us over 12,000. The Richmond Times-Dispatch article got us around 28,000. The local CBS6 11:00 News piece got us 35,000. But this was huge.

On the morning of May 15th, we had generated 106,000 MoonPie brand impressions. Now we've generated 1.6 million MoonPie brand impressions. All with less than $100 out of each of our pockets.

Talk about a resume booster.

No comments: